Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Druid

Druid is straight-forward character design using traditional digital painting techniques.
The inspiration behind this piece came from an unexpected source. I had the pleasure of meeting a fine artist who's skill was creating hauntingly beautiful dolls made from millions of beads, memorabilia, gems etc.
We sat together for hours as she described the story behind each individual doll, and how every tiny item attached had a significant meaning behind it.
Absolutely inspiring work.
I honestly don't have the patience or skill to create dolls like that of my own, but her work definitely contributed to my creation of this character. My petite homage to her work is the beaded jewelery and dressings scattered throughout the character's outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment